Consider this your official invitation to come visit us.
Yes, I’m talking to you.
Did you go to college with me, or go to elementary school with Janna? Did we meet you at an Italian cooking class in Philadelphia? Did you see our card on the map at the Airbnb in Portland, Maine? Did we use to hang out but then you got married or had a baby and things got busy? Are you related to us? Are you our parents? Did you miss our wedding because your flight got cancelled but promised you’d come visit us?
All of the above, best friends, and one-time acquaintances, we’d love to see you, whether you come visit us somewhere that you’ve always wanted to go anyway, or maybe we’re in your city and you want to get together for dinner or to go bowling – we’re down. We’ll be alone for Thanksgiving, and we’re happy to cook ;-).
I am hearby absolving you of any discomfort you might feel about wanting to come visit us but being afraid that we’d think it’s weird. As part of this trip, we’ve had to make ourselves open to ‘people.’ To meeting new people, to connecting with old people – and it’s been the best thing that’s happened.
When we were in Montreal, our good friends Ben and Alesha came to see us, breaking the seal in a city where we had no other friends. Since being in Philadelphia, we’ve now twice seen Janna’s best friend from elementary school, Megan, who she hadn’t seen in 20 years, and it’s been amazing. The fact that they still click so well all of these years later has been fun to see. We had dinner here with former Big Ten swimming champion Alyssa Vavra here too, who I had previously only known electronically, and it was awesome to put a real person to the words and profiles.
So far, we only know exactly where we’ll be through Christmas. Below is that timeline, plus a rough outline of beyond that. We usually have stuff booked about 2 months in advance – and if you’re close to a ‘move’ weekend, and that’s the best time to come visit, let us know – we’ll do our best to make it work!
- June 28-August 24th – Montreal
- August 24th-August 31st – Maine
- August 31st – September 2nd – Boston
- September 2nd – October 5th – Philadelphia
- October 5th – November 29th – Pittsburgh
- November 29th – December 2nd – Cleveland
- December 2nd – December 6th – Houston
- December 6th – December 22nd – Columbus
- December 22nd – December 27th – Fennville (Estimated)
- December 27th – December 29th – Cincinnati (Estimated)
- December 29th – February 8th – Asheville (Estimated)
- February 8th – March 23rd – Savannah (Estimated)
- March 23rd – March 28th – Nashville (Estimated)
- March 28th – April 4th – Flyover Country (Estimated)
- April 4th – May 5th – Salt Lake City (Estimated)
- May 5th – June 15th – Portland (Estimated)
- June 15th – June 18th – BFE (Estimated)
- June 18th – ???? – Minneapolis (Estimated)
So, come holler at us. Look forward to seeing you all!